Saturday, August 14, 2010

So, I'm outside the movie theater after seeing Scott Pilgrim.  It's 2:30 AM or so and I'm talking to some friends when this dude comes up, tries the locked doors and asks if we work at the theater.  We say "no," and he explains that there's supposed to be a meteor shower that night, but he can't see it.

"So... why are you trying to get into the theater?"  I ask, kind of stupidly.

"Well, I'm on shrooms," he explains,"so I want to watch SOMETHING."

Which makes sense.  My friends and I nod and decide to move on.  As we leave, I say "Well, I wish you the best of luck finding something cool to watch."  The guy apparently takes it as some kind of insult.

Accusingly, he asks "You haven't ever done shrooms, have you?"

Walking away, I try to respond in as un-judging a manner as I can.  "No," I say, "But who knows what the future holds."

"YOU'LL NEVER DO SHROOMS!"  He yells after my friends and I as we round the nearest corner and proceed to crack up.

"Shit, dude, I think you made him mad..."  One of my friends says.  Sure enough, as we continue to get the hell out, the guy comes to the corner and stands there yelling after us.

"HEY!  HEY, WHAT IF I GET A SHIRT... THAT SAYS... 'HIPSTERS ARE PUSSIES,' WHAT ABOUT THAT, HUH?"

The friend keeps yelling "Hamsters?" back at him as we get further and further away.  Finally, Senor Shrooms gets fed up at our feigned confusion and walks off down another street, grumbling about hipsters and pussies as he fades off into the night.


Today's song:  Here's to you, Senor Shrooms.

The Lonely Island - Shrooms (Interlude)

Today's thing:  Played some music, wrote a few more lyrics, hope to record vocals for Stage Fright City soon, wrote a bit of unrelated script.

No comments:

Post a Comment