Sunday, July 11, 2010

On that MIT thing

I have to admit, I feel all braggy every time I explain "the MIT thing" to someone. The easiest way to jump into it is starting with "Well, I teach at MIT." It sounds great, but then I have to explain that it's not so much teaching as it is me running around a room of high schoolers going "I really think this is cool, let me tell you more about it, also MAN DO I THINK I'M AWESOME." It is an impressive thing, I guess, but I really just see it as a lot of fun. Saying such, in turn, though, almost makes me feel like I'm bragging even more, like I'm trying to impress with my selflessness, when sometimes it feels the opposite of selfless. I mean, it REALLY feeds my ego.

Strange hangups on talking about it aside, I'm excited about starting this summer's session today. While the class is the same theme that I usually do – a different subject every week – I've got new stuff planned. I figured I'd take advantage of all the stuff I've learned over the past year or so by passing it on. Besides, that way I'll learn more about it. I'll post about how it goes.

Today's song: This just goes to show exactly how similar pop songs can be.

Ke$ha - Tik Tok / Katy Perry - California Gurls mashup

Today's thing: More lyrical stuff, which usually ends up being a line or two here or there. I think I've said this before, but one of these days I'll manage to pull them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment