Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Delicious and piping hot in only three microwave minutes!"

At a friend's suggestion down in the comments, I picked up a huge canister of oatmeal.  For four and a half dollars, it says that it'll get me through about 30 days of breakfasts.  The actual phrase is "30 DELICIOUS BOWLS!"  I think it'll be closer to 30 monotonous bowls, but if it saves me money that I could be out there going awesome places (or, you know, just paying the rent) with, that's cool with me.  Compared to eating a cheeseburger for breakfast each day, I'll be saving 25 bucks a month.  I'll also be a hell of a lot thinner.


As usual by now, I did more jobhunting.  I officially dropped off my Urban Outfitters application, then stopped into Best Buy to check up on an online app I submitted a while ago.  When they asked for my name and phone number so the hiring manager could get back to me, I smiled and whipped out my resume (complete with contact info).  I felt pretty slick, but probably just looked overeager.  I also picked up an app to iParty.  I plan on asking Andrew W.K., self-professed King of Partying, to give me a reference.  How can they not hire me with that kind of backup?


Another of the more notable apps I picked up today was this.  I did it on a whim, just for the sake of aiming laughably out of my league (for retail, anyway).





This one, ironically, is the least stylish app I've picked up so far.  It's for Louis Vuitton.


Today's song:  The source of this post's title.


Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish


Today's thing:  I wanted to record something with my pocket synth, so I started working on a chiptune-style cover of Party Hard.  Here's the intro.


Listen


Tomorrow looks busy as hell, but I'll try to update... at some point.  I mean REALLY busy.  But really awesome.  You'll see.

1 comment:

  1. it's all about spices and stuff. even if you're eating oatmeal everyday, chuck some cinnamon or whatever in there, you can mix it up from day to day.

    also, bulk ramen. it's like, 10 cents a pack if you buy a whole box of it. plus, it's good for your gamer cred.

    ReplyDelete