Friday, June 25, 2010

On a range of things

Summer in the city:  It's pretty much what you'd expect.  Brick, asphalt, heat.  A welcome breeze.  Sweat and a drink with ice.

Skydiving:  We're going to try for the third time tomorrow.  As someone who believes that his life is a narrative, I have faith in the Rule of three.

Vuvuzelas:  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Red things in my room:  One wall and half of another.  My headphones.  My guitar.  The shirt I'm wearing.  My copy of "The Elephant Vanishes" and the screenwriting book beneath it.  A guitar pick.  The Sharpie on my keychain.

Music:  I will make more of it this weekend, so help me.

Today's song:  I'd love to be able to play piano like this guy.  I'd also love to be able to sing like him.

Ben Folds - All U Can Eat

Today's thing:  I put down the basis for a possible new song, I guess?  Also I took a day trip to RI and scraped together most of this coming month's rent, so that's pretty weighty, too.

1 comment: